New ground-breaking short courseLooking for a professional development course to boost your career with communities? Want to learn from experts about how to successfully engage your whole community? Want to empower the communities you work with to care for their environment?
Why you should enrol in this course
- Designed for professionals: Specifically for those working with communities on environmental programs and projects.
- Experience you can trust: Developed by a team of academics, educators, managers and practitioners experienced in working with communities.
- University quality: Designed by the Australian Research Institute for Environment and Sustainability and founded on the latest rigorous research.
- Comprehensive: Covers all aspects of engaging communities, including international case studies.
- Resource rich: Inspiring multimedia elements contribute to innovative delivery to provide in-depth resources together with a thorough grounding in all aspects of community engagement.
- Internationally appropriate: Developed with a global focus and written in plain English.
- Study online: Convenient, online delivery and assessments.
- Skills development: Build new skills and further develop your existing skills in working with communities.
- Study at your own pace: The 15-hour course can be completed in your own time.
- Study at your own depth: Most modules take about one hour to complete, but you can take longer by exploring the many optional extra resources provided throughout the course.
- Recognition of achievement: receive a Certificate of Achievement from Macquarie University.
- Current pressures on environmental systems
- Theories, principles and practices of effective whole-of-community engagement
- The importance of engaging diverse groups within the community
- How to design a purposeful, clear and transparent community engagement project
- How to apply appropriate engagement tools for consultation, participation and education
- How to collect, collate and analyse qualitative and quantitative social data
- Ways to build community resilience and capacity to care for the environment
- The best methods for engaging and working with volunteers of all ages
- How to write a well-structured project report
Module 1: The Importance of Engaging Communities
Module 2: Developing Your Community Engagement Project
Module 3: Designing Your Community Engagement Project
Module 4: Engaging Your Community
Module 5: Collating and Analysing Data
Module 6: Building Community Capacity
Module 7: Writing your Report
Module 8: Inspiration from Around the World!
Course fee for enrolments in 2016 is $795 + GST.
No prior education levels are required but students are expected to be proficient in the English language.
Everything you need is provided online throughout the course.
Approximately 15 hours
Just click on the red Enrol button and enter your details. Ignore any enrolment questions that are not relevant for this course.