Thanks for adding:

Proceed to Checkout

Continue browsing


Critical Thinking and Methodologies Practical Application Course

Be part of a 5 day practical application course to develop and test critical thinking skills and analytic tools/approaches

When: 11 – 15 February 2019
Where: Macquarie University, North Ryde Campus
Cost: $880.00 (GST inclusive)

Using an Australian Domestic security scenario to drive training, participants will be taught relevant analytical and critical thinking skills in aid of the formulation of a decision maker briefing. Based around an evolving threat scenario, this course will focus on building skills and knowledge like that required of intelligence professionals. With a combination of theory and practical skills, participants will be given the opportunity to put their knowledge to the test and present a complete decision maker briefing.

Course Outcomes
This course will address patterns of thinking, how to understand your own cognitive approach, critical thinking and impediments to it, critical reading, checking, briefing, practical application, identifying gaps, asking questions, using real-world analytic tools.

Key analytical skills that will be covered in the course include: brainstorming, hypothesis generation and analysis, key information check, key assumption check, analysis of competing hypotheses, argument mapping, and devil’s advocacy.

Who should attend?
With on the spot feedback provided, this course is a great exercise for those seeking a career in intelligence.

About the Presenter:
Dr Don Pruefer is a career intelligence professional who has completed his Doctorate at Georgetown University. Having previously worked with Intelligence Training and Mentoring, Dr. Pruefer brings with him vast knowledge and experience of the field, best practices and support to decision making.

Getting There:
On campus Parking Permits can be purchased at a special rate of $6.00 per day. Click here to add a single day parking permit to your shopping cart. Click here to add a full week parking permit to your shopping cart.
Parking is available in car parks X3 and W4 – please refer to the Campus Map for parking locations.

Alternatively free street parking is available on Talavera Road and Balaclava Road.

Cancellation Policy and Rules:
1. If a registrant cancels before the registration deadline of the workshop, 80% of the fee will be refunded. The remaining 20% will be kept as an administration fee.
2. No refund is available after the registration deadline. However, another person may attend in your absence. At the discretion of the Course Coordinator, an 80% refund may be offered on production of a medical certificate.

Registration deadline: 18 January 2019.

$880 Limited inc GST
Critical Thinking and Methodologies Practical Application Course

<p><h1><b>Be part of a 5 day practical application course to develop and test critical thinking skills and analytic tools/approaches</b></h1></p><p><b>When:</b> 11 – 15 February 2019<br/><b>Where:</b>


If there isn't a class to suit you, please join the waiting list